Tuesday 17 May 2016

TIGER WOODS: JASON DAY AND I 'GIVE EACH OTHER CRAP'

Tiger Woods, the 14-time major champion, has been passing on his wisdom to world No. 1 Jason Day, but explained how the pair also “give each other crap.”

Speaking at the Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland, Woods was asked about his relationship with the 28-year-old Australian.

“JD and I talk quite a bit, it could be a text or a telephone call,” he said. “Some of it’s advice, most of it’s giving each other crap. We love to needle at each other a lot.


“All I say is, ‘I’m not going to tell you how your game can get better. Ask it the other way round of how I get it, and I’ll answer it that way because I don’t want to say ‘you should do this or you should do that’. I don’t think that’s the correct way of going about it.”

Day, who is dominating the sport like Woods used to, has said that the American has taken him “under his wing” with tips on how to close out tournaments.

“Jason asks great questions, very in-depth questions, and he wants to get better,” Woods said. “He has a great family with his two kids and works extremely hard. And he’s trying to figure out how he can get better as a player, especially with having a family and traveling.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment